MitoImmune Targets Intractable Respiratory Diseases Using Anti-oxidant and Anti-necrosis MIT
입력 2019-08-06 10:03 수정 2019-08-14 10:01
by Joungmin Cho
MitoImmune Therapeutics is one of the few domestic companies specializing in mitochondria targeting treatment drugs. CEO Kim soon ha developed a Mitochondria-targeting Indole-based Technology (MIT) platform that suppresses inflammation and necrosis of cells by regulating production of active oxygen and accumulation of calcium in mitochondria at LG Chemical (the successor of LC Life Sciences).
MitoImmune Therapeutics Co., Kr, founded by CEO Kim soon ha in 2018, has introduced the MIT platform from LG Chemical and is now accelerating efforts for clinical development and commercialization. CEO Kim said, "I decided to establish my own company to create an environment where I could concentrate myself fully on development of MIT flatform." The strategy of MitoImmune Therapeutics is to develop a pipeline by targeting a substance whose safety has been validated through non-clinical trial and Phase 1 clinical trial solely on development of intractable respiratory disease-targeting treatments.
CEO Kim said, "First of all, we are going to develop pipeline drugs that can be selected as orphan drugs by focusing on intractable diseases as target indications in order to produce quick achievements such as speedy evaluation and early approval.”
◇MIT regulates the release of reactive oxygen and accumulation of calcium inside mitochondria to suppress inflammation and necrosis....
- Novelty Nobility Challenges “Development of an AMD Therapeutic Agent with a New Mechanism, c-KIT”
- KoBioLabs’s microbiome medicine is approved for phase 1 in Australia
- Precision Biosensor targets the POCT market with highly sensitive TRF
- BioOrchestra Attracts 20 Billion Won in Investments.."The Challenge for a Multi-Mechanism 'AD' Drug"
- SEASUN announces positive results PNA-based eye drops for the treatment of wet macular degeneration